Thursday, December 26, 2013

How do I prepare my hair for a color corrector?

best hair color mousse
 on awards hair products discover the best hair color frizz fighting ...
best hair color mousse image



Jessie


Alright, now please do not give the whole "go to a salon speech" Been there and done that, not going again. I know the ins and outs of home coloring and what not because my is actually a licensed professional. She knows the colors, but that's not why I'm here. I would like to know some home remedies I could use to prepare my hair, such as conditioning treatments and damage repair, that type of thing. Please don't suggest hot oil treatments unless you're will to elaborate on everything. Websites would be great to suggest as long as they are not too complicated (the ones I find are a bit...iffy).
Basics of how I care for my hair:
Basically all I do is wash my hair every OTHER day, sometimes I leave it unwashed for three days at a time. I don't use hair spray or mousse. I use a very gentle shampoo and conditioner. I do straighten my hair on the days I wash it, but I use this product (forgot who makes it) called Keratin Mist to help it dry more straight so I don't over work the flat iron.
History:
I've done just about everything to my hair from bleach to black and everything in between. I know the damages and I've dealt with them on numerous occasions. I refuse to bleach my hair after how short it got two years ago. I've been repairing it ever since and have it in better condition than before I even started dying my hair about six or seven years ago. My hair is naturally blonde, but black has been more favorable during my hair color rainbow. Last color application was the beginning of November.
What I'm going to do:
I am NOT trying to go blonde by any means or even attempt to think about it. All I want is to get the last remnants of the black out of my hair.



Answer
I would just say to keep your hair conditioned well, and do lots of conditioning treatments beforehand. Hair color removers/correctors don't really fry your hair, but they do leave your hair quite dry and can lead to breakage. If you have naturally blonde hair or bleached it in the past, the removers work excellent. They will eat through your black really well without damage, but at least since you're keeping realistic, you know you won't really get to a blonde shade. I also seen some girls on Youtube using vitamin C tablets and Head and Shoulders shampoo to remove dark dye pretty well. Do some deep conditioning treatments afterwards. I prefer coconut oil these days.


Good luck!

What would my hair look like if i temporarily dyed my hair red?




JM


My hair is dirty blonde. It has tons of natural highlights. I've never dyed or highlighted/lowlighted it and I wanted to know what would happen if I temporarily dyed it red.

* It would be helpful if you knew a brand of color mousse or temporary dye that I could use.
What shade of red would be good for me? I'm kind of pale.
Many people have told me to use Kool-Aid. But after one wash would it fade pinkish or will it all just come out?



Answer
i would think carefully before using a temporary hair colour only gives the hair shaft a coating of colour,so the colour will wash out quickly (and all over your towels ! )and many leave a pink or orange hue to the hair depending on the red shade choosen.if you do choose to go ahead allways do a skin test -don't buy any hair colour that lasts longer than 6-8 washes,anything lasting longer will have a higher peroxide in it ..and many cover the hair too well,therefore you will have a re-growth problem.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I prepare my hair for a color corrector?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment