Saturday, April 5, 2014

Marilyn Monroe Hairstyle?




I heart MH


Hello Everybody!!

I have been told by many people that I look exactly like marilyn monroe (ie facial/body features) - although i have goldy/brunette hair.

My hair is curly/wavy (depends on weather), and it is about 2" past my shoulder in length. It is very lightly layered in the bottom. And i am half italian (and half danish), so i have very pale skin, and VERY thick hair (but i think i am lucky, as i think it is really beautiful!)

I am in grade 10 at school, and have my semi formal in about 2 months. When i finish school i am going to cut, style and dye my hair to be like marilyn's. But for my semi, i wish to grow my hair as long as possible.

I am using all-natural home-made camomile shampoo which makes my hair grow faster than normal, and emphasises the blondeness in my hair.

i would like to know how to use hot rollers, or a hair straightener (brand - GHD :)), to style my long hair like marilyn monroe's.

Please give me step by step instructions.

Thankyou :)



Answer
Ooh great question! I do burlesque performances so I'm loving the 50's set. So much classier than straw like straight hair. So, if you want a perfect copy of marilyns do i would go to a hairdresser. But if you wanna have a go at home:
Put your GHD at the back of the cupboard.
Buy a set of heated rollers, with all different sizes and prefereably flocked (with velvety stuff all over - makes your set hair shiny!). Let them heat up until they are really hot!
Blow dry your hair with your head upside down so your roots are 'boofy'.
Run masses of product through your hair - try a few different ones before the big night. I went through about 10 before I found a combo I like. And you don't have to spend more than $15 on a hair product that is just plain stupidity when there are people in the world starving. I use a $5 moulding paste for guys and a $4 laquer together.
Divide your starting from the crown to the back, twist up with pins in the meantime. Takes practice! If you have thick hair I'd say 12-18 sections ought to do it.
Comb a peice of hair out straight, above or to the side of your head, put the roller about 5 cm from the end, roll the end over and tuck neatly under the other hair, then roll up (under and towards the back of your head for ones at the side, over and back for ones on your crown and top, and under and to the front of your head for ones at the back, if you get what I mean!). Pin and clip with the clips that came with your rollers.
Leave for 15 min, blast with a hair dryer (yes, you'll feel stupid blowdrying clips, it's the next best thing we've got to those mad heated caps hairdressers have), leave for another 10. Take out very carefully (helps to have another person help you). Spray each tendril with hair spray, turn you hair upside down, separate the curls with the tail of a tail comb (not too much, usually in half does it).
Turn your head back the right way and see if a part settles. If it doesn't, just pull some hair at your crown over, 'boof' it up and pin. Pearl pins would be super pretty with your blonde hair. More hairspray. (notice the pattern here?!)
Voila! Silver screen vixen!
Takes lots of patience and practise but well worth it! Good luck!

How do I do a 50's hairstyle if I have long hair?




Andrea


My friend is having a 50's themed party but my hair is like half way down my back and all the hairstyles I can find are for short hair.


Answer
I have hair down to my knees, and I've done SHORT HAIR STYLES on mine, by the use of claw clips and bobby pins, to look like BOB LENGTH.

Google 50's hairstyles for long hair. http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=50s+hairstyles+for+long+hair&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Sure anything can be done, just be creative about it. Set your hair first to help manipulate hair better.

If you want curly hair, (or straight hair to tame your curly hair) look @ videos or hairstyles of women in the late 40's or 50's, and see how healthy & silky their curly hair was. Have you seen Miracle on 34th Street? Many women then wore hats, and pin-curled or plastic curlers curled HAIRSTYLES. The men too, have very shiny hair like the women . . .that was before Bumble & Bumble's production 70's, John Frieda's production 1988 or the invention of heating tools.

People slept with their curlers on, or sit in the beauty salon for 20 mins. under a helmet of hair dryer.

Curlers comes in small, medium, large curlers.
Small if you want tighter curls, shorter hair.
Medium: medium curls, medium length hair.
Large: longer hair, larger curls.

"smaller section of hair you use the tighter/bouncier the curl, and the longer bigger section you use the bigger the wave or loose the curl. "

Start your curlers, where you want the curls to begin.

You can also pin curls your hair, if they're short to medium. You can also braid your hair the night before, after they've been wash, all night and sleep with them, and take the braids out in the morning. Finger comb to style. Use scarf to keep them from the wind.

HEAT PROTECTION, does not protect hair 100%. Like using sunscreen, you still get sunburned. Same with hair. Hair products are not made of glue to fix, prevent, reverse hair from getting damaged or hair loss, they ARE A TRILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS, and the hair industry also do not give money back guarantee for damaged hair or hair loss caused by heat & chemicals.

Source(s):
5 decades of great hair know-how, previously damaged by perming & dyeing in the 80's & 90's
Look @ my hair now, with just the use of bottled cheap shampoo, no conditioner. We also have soft water. When traveling, I briefly rinse with bottled water. Celebrities rinse theirs with Perrier water. ~ InStyle mag.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Marilyn Monroe Hairstyle?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment