Saturday, September 7, 2013

What is the best way to style my hair in a 50s sort of way, that does not take too much time?

best hair color for 50  women
 on black short hairstyles with highlights | hair colors ideas, best hair
best hair color for 50 women image
Q. And what sort of curlers are best? I tried using curlers a couple of months ago but they didn't stay in.. do I need to clip them? I have my bath in the evening, is it best to apply them to wet hair and sleep in them overnight? I love 50s hair. My hair is sort of long at the moment but I want a medium sort of length maybe with a blunt fringe? Might be easier to work with, huh?


Answer
In the 50's, many women permed their hair and set them in plastic curlers. The longer their hair, the bigger the curlers (not Velcro - they gobble up your hair when taking them out).

Google: Imogen Thomas wears rollers in her hair to take out the trash. Use bobby pins.

In the 50's, I was 1st grade when my cousin came to town and gave the whole family perms, but I had short hair and I styled my hair while still damp, and it remained styled (like Elvis curlled like faux hauk in the middle I have photo of that) and they remained like that until I get home from school.

One method to make it look fuller, add body, tame the curls, bouncier, thicker, SEXIER, softer & shinier hair is to set your hair with plastic curlers (not Velcro) after you towel dry, you'll end up with uniform balance of curls. Blow dry briefly while curling them in curlers. Take them out, and finger comb to style. Used by the best hair color models, and the fashion industry, like Victoria Secret Fashion Show Dec. 2009, 2010, & 2011, America's Next Top Models, EXPRESS, Toddlers & Tiaras, Dance Moms, Dancing with the Stars, even used on Oprah's hair . . . . and continued to be used today where salons care about pampering your hair. When you see hair on TV a hair color commercial, they're not done by curling or straightening tools. Hair that shines like that and feels like hair, not hay, has to be done by the best hair tools available w/out damaging to the hair. When you take the curlers out, finger comb to style or lightly brush. Tousle the hair up. or shake your hair. You can use large, medium or small curlers, that depends on the length of your hair. Think of JLo's hair, she was voted as the Sexiest Woman by People magazine and Glamour's Woman of the Year 2011.

The women also didn't have much money, but they have money to buy bobby pins, for short hair, they do that when the hair is wet. In the USA, many of us women went to bed with curlers on, they didn't have hair dryer as well. . . we didn't for years, that's why we use a towel to dry our hair and air dry the rest of the day, that's why we set them when the hair was damp.

How much does it cost to have salon's dye your hair?




Rebecca


I have long hair, past my shoulders. I want to know how much it would cost to get my professionally dyed, cut short, and layered. I want it bright pink. Put the name of the business with your answer.
Thanks!!



Answer
031612

Long hair will always cost more money. Also, a woman's haircut usually is more expensive that a man's haircut. For some reason, salons like to charge more money for a "woman haircut". Salons themselves say that in their websites, advertising, etc.

I can't really give you a specific number, because costs vary b/w salons. I can however give you a range. If you want an exact number, your best bet is to go that salon's site or call them.

Since you want it bright pink, they will prolly hafta bleach it first, then go over it with pink. Therefore, that 2-step process will obvs cost more money.

You will spend AT LEAST $45 for haircut. You will spend prolly at least $100 for bleach. You will spend prolly at least $50 for the pink hairdye. Unfortunately, this does not include tip. I usu. don't tip since I always NEVER get the result that I paid (a lot of money) for!

If you want to save money, I'd say DYI. I learned how to color AND cut my hair through the power of the internet. If you do an online search for the haircut you want, you can find steps and videos on how to do it. A very good example is youtube. If you want bright pink hair, I suggest bleaching your hair and using a dye like manic panic. Loreal makes a "pink hairdye", but I forgot their name. Splat has the dye AND bleach in one box.

Hair Cut = $45 and up
Hair Color = $50 and up




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best way to style my hair in a 50s sort of way, that does not take too much time?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment