Monday, September 9, 2013

Is 9 years old to young to use flattening iron to straightening a girl hair?

best hairstyle for 50 year old
 on It does not matter what your age is; dandruff can be a disturbing and ...
best hairstyle for 50 year old image



Cindy


My daughter 9 year old and she inherited my very thick curly hair, and like me she hates it. She always comes home crying or asking why her hair can't be strait like her friends and what she can do about it. She hates brushing her hair too because how thick it is and how long it takes, and hurts to get the knots.

Its Deva for me because I remember feeling this way when I was her age and going through same stuff. I didn't start to relax my hair and using flattening irons until I was in my 20's


She wants to use my flattening iron but I'm not sure this is good idea, I'm worried she too young to feel this way and she should be happy how she looks because she already Beautiful and she not happy about her appearance breaks my heart. I'm just worried set her thinking in wrong direction...

Maybe I'm over thinking it? Because I flat iron my hair to get rid of curls frizzes....What do you think I should do?
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention we do use detangled spray, only comb her hair when its wet and we tried different hair cuts, layers, shorter in past to help tame it.
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention we do use detangled spray, only comb her hair when its wet and we tried different hair cuts, layers, shorter in past to help tame it.



Answer
Some people as young as Toddlers & Tiaras, I've seen some hair stylists & mothers used them on their hair!

For more on straightening tools, it's been answered here:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AiBDurvlc7PAYDgmOYDmcFLty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20130108095915AAGaIrI

As a Top Contributor, with 5 decades of hair know-how, I do NOT allow that.
GOOGLE: Children's hair straighteners shelved after hundreds of young girls suffer serious burns
â¢Children admitted to serious burns units increased from 162 in 2009 to 252 last year
â¢Figures are the 'tip of the iceberg' and could be at least ten times higher Published 1 December 2012

Heat & chemicals are hair's worst enemies. Heat tampers the hair! Your hair has static electricity so when you're hair TOUCHES heat, it tampers the growth, making the hair grow ABNORMAL or none. It gets frizzy, when you leave the house, it causes split ends. It will only get shorter after you cut it, but it doesn't grow as fast. If you want curly hair, (or straight hair to tame your curly hair) look @ videos or hairstyles of women in the late 40's or 50's, and see how healthy & silky their curly hair was. Have you seen Miracle on 34th Street or Downton Abbey? Their hair wasn't styled by professional hairstylists. They were styled by maids. No hair oil, no serum, no hair sprays, and no gels with just the use of shampoo & conditioner. Many countries didn't even have bottled shampoo & conditioner, example in my country, all we've ever used was a bar of soap for our bodies, hair & laundry. I did that for 13 years, even though my hair was permed, but there was no frizzy, no blowdrying and my hair was the same as today: silky, shiny, soft, smooth it IS HOW they are styled when they're wet, and no hair dryer (for 13 years I lived in Asia). Many women then had long hair, curly hair and they wore hats, and pin-curled or plastic curlers curled HAIRSTYLES. The men too, have very shiny hair like the women, although the men used pomade . . .that was before Bumble & Bumble's production 70's, John Frieda's production 1988 or the invention of heating tools, and WEN in 1996. Another way to find the secret to beautiful hair? Find someone with beautiful healthy curls or silky, shiny (not greasy) straight hair and ask him or her to share secrets, preferably someone who is 40-60 years older than YOU. I have 5 decades, so you're getting the answers you need, right here! I won't charge you a penny!

Can you do swoop bangs with a high forehead?




cupboard


I really like this: http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2007/galleries/070507_olsen_400X400.jpg

But I'm scared I'll end up looking like I'm a 50 year old man with a combover.



Answer
haha...i have a high forehead too! i did the swoop bangs and they looked cute. the main problem was that they were totally annoying. i pinned them back everyday. :)

try going to www.mylifetime.com (beauty makeover, something like that) and you can superimpose your face and try different hairstyles.

good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is 9 years old to young to use flattening iron to straightening a girl hair?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment