Wednesday, June 18, 2014

hair color developer?




paulsbaby_


can i add developer to my store bought hair dye to make it lighter? creme or clear if yes i have volume 30 creme and clear and i am trying to go from brown to lightest blond possible i can't afford bleach so its outta the question and I have like 5 different blondes from loreal


Answer
Good question. Today I bought 30 volume and 40 volume developer and several hair colors designed for women with dark hair. I think I have everything I need but not bleach. I have naturally dark brown hair and I'm looking for dark blond and light brown highlights. I'm curious to hear the other responses.

I've heard that if you use 40 volume cream on dark hair then it will turn orange or yellow first. Be careful about damage.

The best thing you can do to see if it works is mix a 1:1 ratio of the developer with the dye in a small amount, then test a nice snip of your hair for the recommended time (mine is 30 minutes). Check the result and see if it's what you want.

Hair Dye Color & Developer Question!




muffin


I just dyed my hair about two weeks ago to a medium dark brown, which was supposed to be a light brown. The guy at the beauty supply store recommended a brand called Da Vinci that's supposedly really good, but I have yet to find anything about the brand online (I think he just recommended it to me because it was the most expensive). Light brown from that brand actually turned out to be the color of my hair right now, so I bought "dark blonde", which is the color I was aiming for last time. He also recommended a 20 developer. I'm a little hesitant about using the color because the guy didn't seem to know much about hair, he looked like was the owner's husband who was forced to work there.

Basically, I have 2 questions.

1) Is dark blonde usually a light brown color, or is it more of a dirty blonde that I imagine in my head? It looked like a nice light brown on the sample, but the "blonde" in the name really makes me think twice about what color it's gonna turn out to be.

2) Is 20 developer right? I would think that since my hair is sort of dark, I'd need a 30 since I'm trying to lighten my hair up quite a bit.

Thanks in advance! :)
Yes, the hair dye was permanent =( The brand was called "Satin". My hair was already a dyed medium brown to start with. I tried lightening it up about two shades to a lighter brown, but the Satin hair dye it didn't change one bit, lol. So going to a professional is really my only choice at this point?
Yes, the hair dye was permanent =( The brand was called "Satin". My hair was already a dyed medium brown to start with. I tried lightening it up about two shades to a lighter brown, but the Satin hair dye it didn't change one bit, lol. So going to a professional is really my only choice at this point?

Here's a picture of my hair...

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k146/angrymuffin/hair.jpg



Answer
Your situation is kind of tricky. If I understood correctly, you dyed your hair two weeks ago to what is now a medium brown. You wanted it lighter so you went back to the store and bought light brown, used it and it stayed medium brown. Now you want to use dark blonde, to make it a light brown. Right?

If I got the story right... a couple questions for you. What kind of hair dye did you use two weeks ago? Permanate? If so that is why your hair didn't lighten when you dyed it the second time around. Permanent hair dye is tricky. If you use it on hair that has never ever been colored on it can lighten your hair to a lighter shade or you can use it to go darker, but if you use it on hair that already has color on it, you can only go darker. Color won't lighten color. The only way you can get it lighter at this point is if you wait for it to fade, and hope if fades enough, wait for it to grow out, or use something that has a lightener (bleach) in it. Unfortunately, If it was permanent hair dye you used to get it medium brown two weeks ago, the dark blonde hair dye you just bought probably isn't going to do a thing to be completely honest.

Hopefully I've helped. If you really want it lighter, your best bet is to go to a salon. Good Luck!


ADDITIONAL- Unfortunately, If you want it light, I really believe that going to see a professional is your best option. You could attempt to do it yourself, but if not done correctly after you lighten it (which you'll have to do) you can very easily put another color on it (say a light brown) and if it's not the exact color and tone to compliment/neutralize what it lightened to it could very easily go back just as dark as it was. If that option is too expensive you could always have a "heavy weave" done. But I still believe it's best to have a professional give you advice. It's hard to judge how difficult it would be in your particular case without being in front of you hair.. but from the looks of it you're honestly not going to get 2 shades lighter unless you use a prelightener (bleach) or Satin color you used has a strong fade in the next couple of weeks. Just another warning also: if you buy another hair dye that is "light brown" and try to dye it after a couple months of so thinking it might lighten because it's old....Your going to end up with stripes of color as it will lighten all of your roots and regrowth, but nothing else.

Good Luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: hair color developer?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment