Friday, June 20, 2014

Do highlights hide gray hair well?




r4tx


I am 39 yrs old and have 50% gray hair along my hair line only. I have medium brown hair to begin with, so every 3 weeks I color only the regrowth with Loreal professional Excellence cream. My gray hair has recently started looking white, due to my illnesses (melasma/thyroid disease) and gene pool I come from. I am wondering if just starting to highlight it will help and let it start growing out naturally. I have been dying my hair for 10 years and is expensive and getting stressfull. I look very young for my age, but my grays age me about 10 years. I have tried semi-permanent, demi permanent and Herbal Essence, they just made my roots look orange. Should I go for blond highlights or more of a caramel brown highlights? I wawnt something I dont have to do every 3 weeks!
Best answer will receive the 10 points.
I do not use strore brand, I use Professional Loreal from Sally's



Answer
highlights may be the way to go but i would never get them done UNLESS you do it professionally (and that is a bit expensive) you should go to a salon and get your hair dyed with a good dye not store brand ones and then go back as needed to put toner on your hair. it will hold better and the color will be stronger plus having soemone do your hair and make you look pretty is much more fun than stressing over it yourself

Is there any natural hair coloring (similar to henna) for dark blonde hair that will hide greys?




Verka


I would like to find a coloring for my dark blonde-light brown hair, that will cover my greys. I've got about 10% grey now and its becoming too obvious. I don't want to wreck my hair or make it feel like carpeting, when I used bleaches or dyes in the past thats how it felt. I think henna is often too red for my complexion but I liked how it made my hair feel. Does anyone know of a solution for me?


Answer
Even though I deal with henna, I have seen some customers say cassia obovata brings out their golden rays and after repeated use covers up some of the grey but it doesn't do a great job still because it does not have much of any dye. If you want to have brown tones you can use henna along with indigo, and even henna with coffee to tone down the red tones so it won't be so bright.
Also use only 100% pure henna powder (Body Art Quality is best and safest).

Other option I have had a customer explain to me, was vegetable based dyes. I saw a woman who had reddish highlights (like a strawberry blond) using veggies based dyes.

Khadija




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Do highlights hide gray hair well?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment