Thursday, May 29, 2014

What color and brand of Hair Dye would best fit my Skin Tone, Eyes and Base Color?




Lola


My natural skin tone is light olive, sometimes my skin can seem pale or very white when I have makeup on. But skin still looks very "Latin" if you will, very Caribbean. I'm Puerto Rican and Dominican, haha. I have brown eyes and right now my hair color is a light brown, like...honey brown. I'm 17 years old, I've never dyed my hair before and I was thinking of going a bit lighter in color. Just something that stands out, you know, nothing too dramatic. I was thinking of getting a warm brown hair color, almost chestnut brown looking, or maybe even lighter. When I wear make up, which is almost always, my eyes pop out a lot and they look hazel almost. I like wearing classy-like make up, kind of pin up looking, haha. I don't know, I need some help. It's the first time I dye my hair and I'm giving you the information you need to help me out so...I hope you can, haha. Thank you :)


Answer
You have latin/olive skin, naturally honey brown hair, and brown/hazel eyes, so I'd say you've got warm undertones. So whatever you go for, make it rich and warm in color. Something that would pick up hints of gold. Personally, I think you'd look gorgeous with a caramel or a golden blond if you're feeling bold. You're probably really pretty already I'm confident you could pull it off :)

Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Color Creme & L'Oreal Paris Sublime Mousse by Healthy Look are rated the best brands on the market on totalbeauty.com which is non-biased and gives you full reviews on every brand/product you might be interested in--look at the link I posted..

Consider going two-toned like beyonce did.. But you might want to see a hairstylist if you're going to try anything tricky or risky since you've never dyed your hair before.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UBatk21ZytM/TTmeAKDxhII/AAAAAAAAAho/tAh2ZHX8uAM/s400/Beyonce-Hairstyles-1.jpg

If you're not sure you're ready to dye yet, you can use shampoos and conditioners that slightly change the color of your hair.. My hair's brown but I like to use the John Frieda S&C for "darker blondes" to brighten my hair and give my hair more vibrant, blond highlighted look.. THe upside to trying that first would be that you could get a hint of what blonder and brighter would look like if you're feeling at all hesitant

How can I know what hair color will match my skin tone and eyes?




Lucy


I don't want it to be total disaster, there are people I see all of the time who shouldn't have dyed their hair a certain color because it just looks weird and unnatural.

My natural hair color is ash blonde like this --
http://www.wiggoddess.com/images/18-22.jpg

My skin tone is very white, or as most people call it "Ivory", it's the first color on this chart --
http://www.artisticphantasy.com/skintones.jpg

My eyes are icy blue and do change to green from time to time ..

What color hair do you think I could get away with an look natural? I've always wanted to dye my hair this color, but I'm so anxious of the result! What do you think? My skin tone is almost exactly like hers ...

http://blogofhilarity.com/wp-content/gallery/p1_underwood.jpg


Thanks for your time.



Answer
Lucy!

awesome question!! why?! because it is something we all wonder... few ask.. many leap... and wow.. they should not!! lol...

you have a wonderful combination all your own...
and while part of me is wanting to scream do not lose your own unique self?
oh the rest of me is squashing that know it all....
cause first you gotta have the fun of finding "you" and that includes your own "style"

what you can do while "wow-ing" the world around you with hair
and
what you can do "looking" natural
2 different things

why?
go look in the mirror.... see those eyebrows? they are exactly two shades darker than your natural color.... and that is how you can tell a "true" blonde from the rest....
(unlike the crass jokes I Still do not "get" --and nope.. no one need email me.. I do not "wanna" either)

you are so lucky....

you can actually go light almost as you want and still make it not just "work" but, done right... you will look like like you have always had it...
the basic rule of thumb or standard whether from the bottle or straight out dye job from salon you will want only two shades down or up the scale from your natural... that is not to say you can't do more... by no means... you are not limited really except by your own imagination... that is a basic rule to not have a "bad" hair day (or in this case... however long it takes to grow out?!)
for you, most definitely you can do what is in the picture you have....
I would suggest only one addition? you see her eyebrows? hmm... okay I am not suggesting you dye yours.. no way... too dangerous, too easy to blind yourself... but, I am suggesting some toning/depth by way of lowlights.... a shade darker to give it a more realistic look and feel....
well.. while you are checking out the color variation of your eyebrows? look at your hair color... close up.... it is not just one color... not flat... there are places the sun has "kissed" it...
you say you have pale/fair skin tone... blue eyes that go green.... too kewl... and?
honestly, to make any color 'look' natural you really would need only to remember the depth (low/highlights) and make minor changes.. to makeup possible clothing style.. believe it or not.. the look of natural really lies in the threecomponents combined.. so many women change one and not the rest.. or have a very flat color... not realizing (or being told) that "natural" hair is a comination of wow.. a lot of colors... all blended....
and your personal combination -
sounds like you would easily be able to "slip" into redhead.... with only minor changes to foundation, lip and cheek color... more peaches and cream less of the pink-ish tones.... browns and greens you could keep
for brunette you would be able to as well.... changing tones from pale to slightly darker... reds could be splashed and blues used more... purple would be effective.....
for the lighter shades you are going for, warmer ones... you will want to use more of the golden tones you like but probably avoid.... the warmer pink instead of the paler ones... the richer creamy colors.... and you use ones with more red base to accent your cheeks....

here are a few things to keep in mind while having fun...
two shades lower or higher... may be a standard.. it is not a limit...
lowlights are our friends -- now if you say it with an insane, wistfully far away look? you get points... and need to take a picture so I know what wistful looks like? lol.. kidding.. sorry...
seriously.. the ones you look at? look again.. do they have one flat "blah" kind of color? eyebrows 'really' stand out? well... lowlights... highlights...
your hair reflects you... have fun for heaven's sake! be adventurous.. creative... let "you" come out...
when in doubt? wash it out ----- use a pulse product, temporarily 'try' on a look/color they wash out quick enough! ;)
regardless of anything? never dye the brows... kay? kay
to look younger go lighter, older go darker....
always strip test with a new color......
and finally... most importantly....
since you are blonde ----if it is not blonde - get a pro to do it! lol.. hmmm I could pretend a friend did the following.. but, I would be lying... lol.. my ash (dirty dishwater blonde) hair was looking dark.. I was bored.. I decided a nice light brunette I found was too pretty... the picture it showed that my color would be a nice rich brown, light with golden lights... I followed the directions - umm, minus testing a small part- and ummm.... I had a patchwork, quilt mop... of every color from blue black, to strawberry red... lol.. go on laugh... I do... my hair dresser said he was not a miracle worker enough to undo that mess... and I talked him into trying.. four hours later, I had an auburn-ish almost pink, mauve, maroon... brown color...
he was referring to me as "Lucy" ---- no offense, I just realized... but he said even at her best... no way could she have done any worse... or funny... I reminded him how very boring life would be without me... lol...
how was I supposed to know more than what the little chart says? kay.. so... I learned that one the hard/funny way... just picture a totally fired head of many, many colors.. and if you venture away from blonde? go to a pro... do not attempt it...lol


good luck!
hope this has been of assistance
thanks for taking the time to read this
have a great day!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What color and brand of Hair Dye would best fit my Skin Tone, Eyes and Base Color?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment