Sunday, May 25, 2014

hair color: home vs. salon?




30 year ol


I have dark brown, almost black hair w/ too much grey for a 30 year old! I've been using Nice N Easy for the past 5 years...every month. Occasionally I'll add a few highlights w/ a different brand box kit from Walmart or similar.

So what I'm wondering is it worth it to have my hair colored in the salon? I am not concerned w/ money, just the look. I always feel so frumpy and like my hair is dull and boring. I have long, thick hair with a fine texture to each strand, it's just turning grey.

I just want to look cool and hip. I've never had my hair done in the salon before because of financial reasons, but now that's really not an issue. I plan to get long layers cut into my hair next week. I want to look good for our cruise in 2 weeks!



Answer
I would go to a good salon. Although do-it-yourself kits are okay to use, they just don't have the same quality as a salon dye will have. Also, they will be able to give you tips on how to maintain your colour.

In choosing a salon to get your hair dyed at, make sure you go somewhere where the stylist is a perfectionist and you will get awesome colour. My sis had her hair redyed 3 times until the guy liked the colour and it is the best looking dye job she has ever got (after having it professionally dyed in various salons for 6 years).

Hair salons/hair color?




Peace_Love


I have naturally dark brown hair and am wanting to dye it a light brown for the school year starting soon. I know there are hair colors made for dark hair but I cant seem to find any. Does anyone know of any good brands?
Also, I'm thinking about just going to the salon to get it done if i can earn enough to pay for it. What would be a good and some what cheap salon to get this done?
Thank you



Answer
You might consider going to a beauty supply store like Sally's to pick out your color- there is a much better variety that what you'd find in a grocery store. Also, instead of using peroxide to lighten your hair (which is very damaging) you can lift the natural color by using color remover. Just apply as directed, and fallow with your toner (the color.)

Also, if you decide to get your hair color at the grocery store, you can blend two colors together to create a shade you like. Whenever I use boxed colors, I tear the top of the box off (with the pic of the dyed hair) and keep it soIwill remember what color I used last time. :P




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: hair color: home vs. salon?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment