Saturday, September 21, 2013

What hairstyles would look cute with this dress?

trendy hairstyles for black women
 on Black Women Hairstyles 07 - Weave Hairstyles - Zimbio
trendy hairstyles for black women image



Imani


I just got this dress at Macy's for my 8th grade dance. Any hairstyle suggestions?

Here's a picture of it : http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.tiddlywinks.co.uk/shop/images/Jessica%2520McClintcock%2520Black%2520%26%2520White%2520Puffball%2520Dress%2520(4).JPG&imgrefurl=http://connect.in.com/jessica-mcclintock-prom-dress/images-jessica-mcclintock-girls-black-white-strapless-puff-ball-dress-6-702309739706.html&usg=__Ay5o19SNWEGPYrY0luqNtAt8QVU=&h=971&w=600&sz=39&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=VRmTV5WTgijQ9M:&tbnh=149&tbnw=92&ei=R-vqTYPYPJLrgQeut73ZCQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dblack%2Band%2Bwhite%2Bjessica%2Bmcclintock%2Bstrapless%2Bprom%2Bdress%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26biw%3D1345%26bih%3D460%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=156&page=1&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=36&ty=74
oh btw i have long, curly hair that's dark brown almost black and goes a little past my shoulders if that helps lol



Answer
Now I hope you are ready for this because I have a lot,
Now I am Partial to the Bob Style so I will Star with that, But not limited to That.

Now these Links have been reported to me that they donât work, well as of 4/19/10 they do, just Copy-paste the links as opposed to Clicking on them.

Try the Bob Styles seen in these Pics.
You can see these Styles at this Yahoo Group
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/bobhairstylesandhaircuts/

Here are some Picâs from that Group
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee17/slickyboy40/5bda.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee17/slickyboy40/33373.jpg

Another Group for Bob/Pageboy styles is
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/pageboybobsandflips/

This Yahoo group is dedicated to beautiful women with beautiful hair whether it's long, short, curly, straight, updo, down, ponytail, pigtails, braided, greased, wet, brushed, shampooed, in rollers or curlers, under a hat, underwater, modern, retro, blonde ,brunette or redhead.

This is not just another group about hairstyles. It is about beautiful women with beautiful hair.

While there is a sensuous nature to beautiful hair this is not an Adult group despite the classification by Yahoo. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/womanshair/

This Yahoo Group is for womens head hairstyles only, with short being above the ears, but not totally bald.
Short hair can also be slicked down or Buzzed really short - like a Butch, Crew cut, Brush cut or Flattop.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/keepitshort/

Now This Yahoo Group is for Women who like the wet look style
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/greaserwomen/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/oiledhair/

This is a group for presenting the latest, trendiest, up to date and emerging hairstyles for 2010!! Pictures range from scene, emo, casual, updo's.
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/feelgoodlookgoodhairstyles/?v=1&t=search&ch=web&pub=groups&sec=group&slk=21

This Yahoo group For those who Like Silky Long Hair
http://in.groups.yahoo.com/group/silkylonghairlovers/?v=1&t=search&ch=web&pub=groups&sec=group&slk=52

How often should I wash my hair, girls?




Hana Taylo


Okay my hair is fine and frizzy. I have wavy hair type. I wash it every day due to the fact I mouse it every day. How often should I wash it? Also I do soccer two days in a row, so should I wash it those 2 days in a row and then wait another day or so to wash it?


Answer
Personally, I was always taught to wash my hair every day. Over the years, however, Iâve learned that daily washing really dries my hair out.

These days, because I get highlights and my hair is damaged, I only shampoo 3 or 4 times a week. This has definitely helped my hair a lot: itâs much less dried out without the constant shampooing and blow drying.

Celebrity hairstylist Ken Paves, who does Eva Longoria and Jessica Simpsonâs hair, agrees that you shouldnât wash your hair every day. According to Oprah.com, Ken says that âcertain hair types and textures only require washing once a week, where others work well washing 2 to 3 times a week.â

Thursdayâs New York Times style section had an article about hair washing frequency, only to the extreme. Of Course I Washed My Hair Last Year (Iâm Almost Certain) talked about how lots of women wash their hair just once a week and some only wash once a month! Apparently itâs trendy to spend less time on your hair.

As someone whose hair gets oily after just a few days, I canât imagine only washing your hair once a month, but maybe it would work well for those with dry hair? The idea does sound tempting â who wouldnât want to spend less time doing their hair each week? I just donât know how it would really work for the average woman.

your question inspired me to post this on my blog here's what other people responded to my article:
Lindsay

I always wash my hair every day becasue it gets sooo greasy! If I dont wash it I just hate the way it looks. Any tips to make your hair less greasy?

kendra

well it really does depend on your hairâ¦.i know black women are advised wash hair only once a week or every two weeks depending on the style. Its really just the diefference in texture. whereas people with a certain texture of hair wants to get rid of grease, black women with nappy hair want to keep as much as the natural oils in our hair that we can. too much washing strips our hir of those essential oils. people wearing natural hairstyles tend to condition between shampoos howeverâ¦but for the most part, washing our hair every day is a bigâno-noâ

Cadi

I REQUIRE washing daily. Honest to goodness, if I donât wash daily, it SMELLS, and the slightest touch leaves yuck on my fingers. Itâs quite nasty. Itâs a royal pain, too, because my mane is waist length. The ends get a really good leave-in daily to make up for the constant washing.

Meg

My hair gets yucky quickly â especially in summer. I wash it when I shower every morning (though sometimes I take a weekend day off). Even now, though, my bangs start looking greasy by the afternoon if not sooner, and my part looks greasy at night and definitely by the next day.

Cornstarch is my friend.

If I donât have time to wash/rewash my hair, I sprinkle it in, then blow dry and brush out.

It works really well if youâre blonde, I hear. I have to make sure that I get it out, though, because it makes my brown hair look grayish. Iâve heard that bronzer works well. I have a container of it that I donât use, so maybe Iâll try it (maybe even mixing the two).

Zephyr

Lindsay â I know what you mean; I definitely have that problem at times too! A few tips to make you hair less greasy:
1. Donât run your hands through it (your hands have tons of oils and that grease rubs off on your hair)
2. Use a clarifying shampoo
3. Donât use too many products on your hair
Ultimately a lot of it is hormonal but luckily that means it might level off in a few years. Hope that helped!

Kendra â Thatâs a really good point. When I was researching for this topic, I saw a lot of recommendations for hair texture and it really makes sense. Not everyone has the exact same texture and therefore not every washing schedule will work for everyone!

Cadi â Wow, waist long hair? Iâm impressed! Iâve always wanted my hair really long but I totally donât have the patience to deal with uber long hair. And good call with the daily leave in for your ends. What brand do you use?

Meg â Summer is the worst time for my hair too, and funny thing about bangs â they always seem to get greasy the fastest! I just got side bangs and was introduced to this phenomenon recently. I think maybe they keep getting greasy because youâre always touching them to get them out of your face, you know? And Iâm with you on cornstarch idea, although I prefer baby powder or even translucent face powder (iâm a blonde.) Matte bronzer should work well for brunettes.

if you have soccer you may want to wash it on the nights you have it then everyther day. :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What hairstyles would look cute with this dress?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment