Wednesday, July 31, 2013

How long will it take to tan?

best hair color houston
 on Wig Colors:
best hair color houston image



James


I know that I'm able to tan, as I have done so in the past when I was a kid. Like everyone, my skin tone would fluctuate based on the time of year and how much I went outside. I lived in Houston and some summers I was outside quite a bit (I swam, played with friends, etc), so consequently I had a nice tan. Other years I would stay inside more often playing video games. After I turned 13 this was the case more often. Between ages 13 and 18 I only achieved a tan of some sorts a couple of times. The rest of the time I was either pale (will get to my skin type in a second) or had a little color.

Family history if you think it's necessary, if not skip down to the background on myself: My dad has light brown hair and was able to tan, but it took him a while. He has a natural red hue to his skin and his side of the family isn't know for being tan. He's the only one on his immediate side of his family that has a tan and can tan. It just takes him a while. During his time in Vietnam (he did two tours over there) he was very tan, and stayed that way for a while (when not over on a tour he lived in San Diego). His family also has freckles. He doesn't have any on his face anymore (not since he was a kid), but he has them on his arms etc. I had a few freckles (not man) when I was a kid, but not anymore. I have freckles nowhere else.

My mom's the tan side. She has brown hair and brown eyes, and as you can imagine, can tan well although she doesn't stay out long enough anymore to tan. Her dad was very tan and would get darker just walking outside to get the paper. The rest of her family has been able to achieve a tan. She has six brothers and sister with varying traits. Most have blue eyes (two don't), and 2/3 of them have brown hair. The other 1/3 have blonde hair.

Background on myself: My natural skin color (with no sun whatsoever) I would place at about an 11, maybe 12. My hair color is medium brown, maybe a bit darker, and my eye color is blue. I've only had freckles when I was a kid, and only a few. I no longer have them. From my experience when I was younger (and this may be everyone), once I get a base tan I can tan easily without burning. One summer we went to Phoenix, Arizona. I went with a base tan and 3 days later I had a really nice tan.

As far as burning goes, I was in Hawaii last April with just a little bit of color (just enough to not make me look ghastly pale, but still light colored) and it took me about 45 minutes without any sunscreen to get a little burned. I hardly burned, though, it didn't bother me. However, my feet got burned really bad after going out on a boat for 4 hours without any socks or shoes on.

Anyways, my question is how often should I tan outside, what type of sunscreen should I use? Where I live now the sun usually isn't that intense (I live in Tennessee now). I can lay out on my roof for about an hour with no sunscreen on and not get burned. It gets in the mid 60's in March (although cold spells can happen), so I plan to start laying outside then. By April I'll be golden and it will be warm enough to go outside whenever. Also, my job now causes me to take frequent trips outside. During a slow day I may spend 1-2 hours outside. During a fast day I can spend up to 5-6 hours outside. I have to wear a shirt, but I can wear shorts. So my calves, face, neck, and arms will get a little more sun during that time.

So, how long should I tan outside for, how often, and how long would you estimate it would take to establish a base tan. I'd like to get as tan as possible because I'm moving to California late in the summer. So I essentially have from March to the first day of August to tan.
Sur La Me: Thanks for the info. I know the risks associated with tanning.



Answer
Tanning comes & go, unless you do them everyday 24/7. But in the end the only thing you'll benefit is either moles, freckles, skin tags or discolorations from sunscreens, lotions, etc. and the more you do, the more they get larger, darker & bumpier, even skin diseases like Bullous Pemphegoid or Discoid Lupus. Like exercising, your muscles will sag, when suddenly you stopped, same with getting a tan, they will fade. If you live in California, you'll be tanned by the end of the year maybe even SOONER.

Tanning, is a result for 'damaged skin' and no products can reverse you from skin cancer or damaged skin, may prevent you from pre-mature aging, but that's part of the billion dollar beauty industry. To get super than you will have to be tanning for @ least 60 years, George Hamilton & Tom Jones are two examples, who ARE super tan! Google them.

Melanoma is the leading cause of death from skin disease. An estimated 76,259 new cases of skin cancer will be reported particularly among women in their 20's & 30's, and that's 6,020 more than 2011, people died from the disease, according to the National Cancer Institute. Two million people are diagnosed with skin cancer in the US each year, according to the EPA's Sun-Wise Program. That's more than breast, colon, lung and prostate cancer cases combine! Now however, a recently published study suggests that those people with ginger hair and fair complexions face a much higher risk of developing dead skin cancer even if they are completely protected. Nov 2nd, 2012.

BTW: Lotions does not protect you from nasty, painful burns. Lotions does not protect you from skin cancer. Lotions does not protect you from skin diseases. Lotions does not protect you from discolorations - permanently. And lotions does not protect you from skin tags, freckles, moles, they will only get larger, darker, and bumpier as they are exposed from UV.

I've been protecting myself from the sun since age 9, but no matter, I got Discoid Lupus. Google that one. It was like someone punched my chin and it gave a purplish mark. It took 12 years for that to fade, so now I'm using a wide brim hat or umbrella for protection. Gene Simmons & Shannon both have been seen hold an umbrella during an event. They were invented before beauty products, for a reason. Google also Bullous Pemphegoid, photos, another skin disorder.

Take the Skin Picture Quiz - Identify These Common Skin Conditions on MedicineNet.

My skin tone is like Whitney Houston. Which color is the best to dye my hair?




carmin 8a


My hair is actually dark brown, but I want a change and can´t decide on redish colors or blondish. If you have seen people my skin tone, Can you please tell me which hair color have you noticed that looks better?
Please help.



Answer
Colors 4/27 and 30 ... I were this color and it is so beautiful




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How long will it take to tan?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment