Monday, February 17, 2014

Bald Spots from 360 waves?




P-jay


I've been waving about 2 months now and im noticing a couple of bald spots in the back of my head where my crown is and on the top of my head (these were never here until i started waving) but i can't be going bald cause no one in my family is and im only 13.. Tips? Anyone? ...


Answer
HAIR WEAVES & BRAIDS: Some hairstyles, including tight braids and weaves, may increase the risk of developing an irreversible form of scarring hair loss, according to a new study in the Archives of Dermatology.
Seen predominately in African-American women, this type of hair loss, central centrifugal cicatricial alopecia, centers on the vertex (crown) of the scalp and spreads peripherally.
âAny style that causes too much tension and traction on the hair, such as braiding with artificial hair weaved in, can possibly lead to scarring hair loss,â says study author Angela Kyei, MD, a dermatologist at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio.
In the study, 326 African-American women answered questionnaires about their hair-grooming methods, health status, and other demographic information. Dermatologists then performed a scalp examination to grade hair loss.
Nearly 60% of the women showed signs of advanced central hair loss with scarring. The women were also more likely to have type 2 diabetes and bacterial scalp infections, and sport hair styles associated with traction, including braids and weaves, the study showed.
âBut hair loss is permanent, meaning that we can inject steroids or creams but it won't bring your hair back, so itâs very important to seek help with dermatologists early on,â she says.

One example who just got a weave:
"okay , i got it done exactly a week ago . it was ripple deep curls . now , it's A MESS . no curls at ALL . and then i have school tomorrow , how can i fix it and make the curls come back ?"
Watch: Natural Hair Versus Relaxed Hair Debate Discussed On The Dr. Drew Life Changers Show
Google: "Why Viola Davis Ditched the Wig at the Oscars"
Watch: Good Hair - Documentary by Chris Rock 2009. or Tyra Banks What is Good Hair. Black women spend 80% of all hair products. She's got good advice!

Amber Rose is another example, who used to wear WEAVED styles she was a bald but beautiful model for years. BTW: her hair finally started growing again!
(Amber Rose: "When I had hair, I had this weave ponytail that I used to put onto my real ponytail. And I grew up with two cats, Mitty and Fat Bettie," she began. "I go out one day, I put my little weave ponytail in. . ..) MTV.com news

Heat & chemicals are hair's WORST ENEMIES. Change how you style & care for your hair.
Natural hair means no relaxer, no chemical to straighten your hair out, no styling heating tools. The way it grows out your root, thatâs the way you rock it.

What's the best hairstyle for a guy who is going bald?




Tommy


I have the worst of this all. I have a pretty big widow's peak and now my crown is starting to thin. It's not really noticeable at the moment but if you look close you can definitely see it. I've always worn my hair kind of shaggy and unkempt, but it's not working so much anymore. What are some good hairstyles for someone like me? I'm 24 and white BTW, with very thin/feathery dark brown hair. Please give me some pictures also if you can.


Answer
In my opinion and this is just my opinion but I think it is better to shave it off completely rather than try to grow it longer and sweep it over crown. Going totally bald can be quite attractive. I work with a guy who uses Rogaine and it has helped him recover some hair. He buys the walmart version which is cheaper thing is you have to use it twice a day every day and if you stop you will lose whatever you gained from it. Best of Luck with whatever you decide.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Bald Spots from 360 waves?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment