Wednesday, July 17, 2013

How to get rid of brassiness without dying hair?

best hair color salon nyc
 on Kate Hudson Hair | Female Celebrity Haircuts
best hair color salon nyc image



Valerie


I have naturally dirty blonde hair which I've never dyed, and I don't want to ever touch the color because I've always been really happy with it. However, I just moved to NYC and I think the water in my apartment might be funky, because my hair has been really brassy ever since I came here. I would really like to try a home remedy to get rid of it, if possible, because I don't have a lot of money to spend on expensive hair products. But any cheap-ish solutions would help.

Thanks!



Answer
Here are a few options:

1. Going after the root of the problem. Im guessing your new apartment has "hard water" in the shower, which causes the brassiness. But this can easily be fixed by visiting a store like Home Depot or Menards and asking for a hard water shower head. I heard it's relatively inexpensive too.

2. I don't know how well this works, but tea is a pretty powerful substance in a lot of aspects. People claim that it has properties that can tint the hair. I've heard stories of people pouring a cold cup of Lipton tea in their hair and sitting out in the sun for half an hour or so. It's worth a try, I suppose.

3. There's this chemical process at a salon called "toning". It's not dying, and it doesn't damage hair like dying does. It's pretty cheap, at least at the salon I work at. (My situation: got highlights done, they were waay too brassy, got hair toned, the brassiness was gone). At a Fantastic Sams salon, it costs a mere 10 dollars to get your hair toned. It's just like a colored shampoo, and takes only about 10 minutes or less. It's probably the most effective treatment, besides getting rid of the hard water in your shower.

Good luck with whatever route you take!

What salons in NYC are good to lighten by black hair to brown with highlights?




AJSOM


I have naturally black hair and would like to make the base color brown and add highlights (like Carrie Ann Inaba). I am trying to find salons & stylists in Manhattan that are good. Help!!


Answer
edward and tricome salon.

expensive but top of the line.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to get rid of brassiness without dying hair?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment