Tuesday, July 16, 2013

How to get ombre or dip-dye on very dark relaxed hair?

best hair color over 60 women
 on ... : Older Women Hairstyles - Extra Short Pixie Haircut for Older Women
best hair color over 60 women image



Tiffany


Hi. I already asked a question about this but I forgot a couple details. Okay..

History of my hair-
When I was younger I always wore my hair natural. I am African-American and partially Native-American so my hair (in it's natural state) is coarse and SUPER THICK. My hair color is black with natural red undertones. My mom managed my hair for me and kept it pretty healthy and wanted to keep my hair natural for as long as possible. Then my mom decided it was time for me to start getting my hair relaxed. I first got it relaxed a little bit after I turned 12. I've been getting it relaxed about every 10 weeks since then. Also, I've never dyed my hair, never used any bleach or peroxide. Nope, nothing. I have went to get bangs cut a couple of times and the person who relaxes my hair cuts off the split ends of my hair every once in awhile.

Now: I'm almost 15 and my hair is slightly past shoulder-length. Right now, I'm trying to grow my hair a little longer. I use a shampoo & conditioner that does not use parabens, silicones, sulfates, alcohol, blah blah blah and it's mineral and plant based. I wash my hair once a week ( I wait 2 weeks after I relax it) and I deep condition my hair and I oil it. And I use this product chi silk infusion which I LOVE. I like my natural hair color. When I part my hair, sometimes you can see the lighter parts of my hair. Now, since I like my natural hair color for the most part and don't want to go through the trouble of my roots or anything, I only want to dye the tips of my hair. I honestly don't care if the ends of my hair turn out super bright or if they're just tinted a different color. I just want it to look a little different. Now here's what I want and don't want.

1. I don't want to have to use bleach or anything that will cause bad damage/breakage to my hair or leave it dry.
2. The dye or whatever has to be safe to use on my hair and I would prefer it to be a natural product.
3. If you EXTREMELY suggest I just leave my hair alone, please tell me.

Also, I'm going to wait until my hair is at the desired length before I do anything. Plus I am looking for great haircare tips and products in general :) Thank you!



Answer
First of all, heat & chemicals are hair's worst enemies. The relaxers on your head, already contains formaldehyde causing cancer. If they're dye, they're all chemicals, even Henna which is supposed to be better for you than reg. box dye. It's a good read! Google: Henna for Hair Warnings.

Celebrity wears two-tone hair dye all the time, trying to grow out their dye. They call that look ombre hair color â darker roots, lighter ends â but colorists sees that fading. Women are wanting dimensional color with natural highlights that look like they've been playing out in the sun. On Fashion Police 1-29-13 episode, Khloe Kardashian said: "I had that in 2011!"

"Ombre is the number one poorly done color in this country! It takes a lot of blending and finesse to look natural. The key is to highlight the whole head, then deepen just the roots. Unfortunately, a lot of the ombre I see today is bad - I'm ready for that to be retired! Dye should make hair look expensive and chic. Otherwise, what's the point?" ~ Harry Josh, Hollywood's top hairstylist, who have given Gisele ombre color for 13 years.

They DO SELL OMBRE kits. They also sell hair extensions that you can clip on, comes in various colors, 2/$5 @ Claire's and take them out when you get home. They're fun, funky & safe!

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

> > > Hair dye chemicals linked to cancer
London, Feb 20, 2013 I've been saying that since 2009.
Hair dyes, which include home hair colouring kits and those used at pricey salons, are linked to deadly cancer-causing chemicals, warn scientists. In 2009 the Mail revealed that women who used hair dyes more than nine times a year had a 60% greater risk of contracting blood cancer.
A year later the European Commission banned 22 hair dyes which put long-term users at risk of bladder cancer. < < < <

Your hair is the most fragile of all hair types. They snap & break easily. So you need more TLCs than thin hair. No chemicals. No relaxers specially! No heating styling tools. Finger comb is best or use a wide tooth comb. Do what Oprah & Michelle Obama have been, going natural, using plastic curlers to set their hair. Use oil or conditioner to keep them moisturized. Heat & chemicals are your hair's worst enemies.

The hair of many black women is very fragile and studies have demonstrated that normal brushing and combing the hair can result in breakage. Brushing your hair 100-times a day is a no-no for your hair. Only comb and brush your hair to style it. Also avoid rubber bands or other implements that can physically cut into and break the hair shaft.

Google: Rhonda Lee. Copied & pasted from her getting fired @ the KTBS station.
"I am very proud of my African-American ancestry which includes my hair. For your edification: traditionally our hair doesn't grow downward. It grows upward."
"Many Black women use strong straightening agents in order to achieve a more European grade of hair and that is their choice. However in my case I don't find it necessary."
"I'm very proud of who I am and the standard of beauty I display. As women we come in all shapes, sizes, nationalities, and levels of beauty."
"Showing little girls that being comfortable in the skin and HAIR God gave me is my contribution to society," the TV personality concluded.
Watch: Good Hair - Documentary by Chris Rock 2009. or Tyra Banks What is Good Hair. Black women spend 80% of all hair products. She's got good advice!
Michael âRahniâ Flowers, who served as Obamaâs hairstylist in Chicago for more than 20 years, knows full well the importance great hair plays in a womanâs lifeâand so does Michelle, he says. âSheâs always taken very good care of her hair,â Flowers explains. âHaving beautiful hair is such a sign of health and attractiveness, particularly for black women, because their hair tends to be very fragile, and it needs extra care. Having it look good at all times is an amazing feat in itself. âSheâs never been the kind of woman that obsessed over hair and makeup too much.â

How can I grow my hair but also keep it healthy?




nat?


I'm trying to grow my hair, and my layers out, but I want it to be healthy and shiny. My hair is pretty thin and about shoulder length, I want to grow it so it falls just below my boobs. I've dyed it/bleached it (I had to bleach it because I wanted to go red, my hair is really dark brown) a few times as well and it's still not healthy from that. I've since dyed it back to my natural hair colour though.

So, how can I grow it long but keep it healthy at the same time?



Answer
First and foremost, a well balanced diet is essential the your overall well-being. You NEED those vitamains and minerals included in a well balanced diet. No fads. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out a well-balanced diet is THE key to your overall health. Julia Child said it years ago, "Everything in moderation!" and it still applies today, over 50 years later. That said, washing is also key. Your hair is naturally oily, as is your entire skin. It HAS to be to remain supple. Without natural oils, your skin dries and cracks! Chapped lips are a minor example, but that is what happens in real life. WHY mankind insists on removing natural oils from the body is a mystery to me. They do it in the name of being "clean" but how can natural oils be UNclean? Every time you apply a "treatment" to change color or whatever, you remove more and more oil! This ends up in the extreme, making your hair thin, dry and brittle so it breaks, and gets split ends! AND in the worst case, you can lose ALL of your hair! The answer is to let your hair grow naturally and then minimize any treatments and use a basic shampoo, ONCE in a while, NOT every day. Your hair gets dirty NOT from the oil, but from the dirt in the atmosphere that sticks TO the oil. In the old west, all women did was use a hairbrush, which spread the natural oils throughout the hair, and THEY had NO problem. Learn a lesson from you ancestors here. Get a BIG hairbrush with ALL NATURAL fibers and USE it daily to brush your hair. Daily brushing will actually help remove some of the accumulated dirt as well as spread the oils from you scalp evenly in your hair. My mother did this, 100 brush strokes every day, and a wash once in a while and she had beautiful hair, long enough that she could sit on it. All 3 of my sisters have followed our mother's example and also have extra long, beautiful hair. none of my sisters use any hair coloring, and in their late 50's and early 60's are all mostly gray, but who cares? Their hair is completely healthy, full bodied, very LONG, and except for the color of gray, exactly what you hope to achieve.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to get ombre or dip-dye on very dark relaxed hair?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment