Monday, February 3, 2014

should older women have long hair or short hair?




anna a


I am 33 1/2 years old. I was told by my 62 year old mother that women my age and older look better with shoulder length hair or shorter. She said older women look older with long hair. I would like other oppinions.


Answer
Well, my mom kept bugging me for years telling me the opposite of what your moms telling you,I wore my hair short like this for nearly 15 years...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3056/2281938288_949673feb0_o.jpg

I loved it . it was an easy do, kinda like wash and wear hair, and a classy hairstyle, but I grew tired of it anyway, and my mom kept hounding me for the last several years to let my hair grow out.
I finally decided to let it grow, I have not cut it in 2 years, so this is me now....
http://www.ringo.com/photos/photo.html?photoId=254558730
http://www.ringo.com/photos/photo.html?photoId=254558735

This one I'm wearing my hair pulled back into a pony...
http://www.ringo.com/photos/photo.html?photoId=251508804

I will let you be the judge of what length of hair looks best and you decide for yourself , oh yeah did I mention that I will be turning fifty years old on March 11th? Yup, I'm going to be the big "50", and the consensus between my friends, family and female coworkers say, that they like the longer hair better because it took a few years off of me. Only 4 people out of all the people I know still liked my hair short,I would tend to agree with the ones that thought the long hair was more youthful, good luck in your decision.

50's hairstyles for short hair?




Jessica


My hair lays on my neck (about an inch or two from my shoulders), short layers and side bangs.

I love the 50's bandana hairstyle and the swirly bang style, are those possible with short hair?

I have thick hair, but it's flat on top and in the back.

How can I tease my hair without it looking like a scene kid did it?

Please help!



Answer
MANY hairstyles of the 50's were not always teased. My mom, my sister and I styled our hair back then NOT TEASED.

Google short 50's hairstyles. 1,590,000 results

If you want fuller, softer, silkier hair, use bobby pins to set them or plastic curlers.

Curlers were used in the 40's even NOW, where salons love to pamper your hair without damage by using HEAT or curling irons.

Another way to find the secret to beautiful hair? Find someone with beautiful healthy curls or silky, shiny (not greasy) straight hair and ask him or her to share secrets, preferably someone who is 40-60 years older than YOU. I have 5 decades, so you're getting the answers you need, right here! I won't charge you a penny!
Better yet, watch Pretty Woman - Julia Roberts's hair in that movie! In the 90's, they didn't have many hair products or heating tools and they also styled her hair many ways!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: should older women have long hair or short hair?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment