Monday, March 10, 2014

Is it modern to have hair past one's waist?




Kosice4Eve


Hi,
I am half African-American,one fourth Iranian,and one fourth Polish.My father is the half Iranian(mother) and half Polish(father) one.He says that where he comes from a woman's hair is her crowning glory.Neither heat,chemical,nor scissors have EVER touch my head.My father won't allow it.
Therefore I have hair that reaches my knees.It's reddish brown kind of like Papa's,partly wavy and partly straight.The texture isn't too bad.I had hair almost to my butt by the time I was 5,so my paternal grandmother go into the habit of plaiting it each day and pinning it up on my head out of the way.I have worn my hair like that ever since.I only took it down to wash or if I was going to a special event.
Now I am in America in University and most of the black girls say I look like an old woman.I would love to wear my hair down,but it's just too long! How can I fix this?



Answer
I am sure that if your hair has never been colored or heat styled, and usually kept in braids, then it almost certainly is in excellent condition, and most likely beautiful. You say scissors never touched it, and this worries me. Long hair can be magnificent, but it can age you drastically as well. The key is to keep the ends trimmed and smooth. This is important for keeping your hair healthy (trims don't have to take off more than an inch or two a year, so you won't lose a lot of length). Split ends make the hair frizzy and create a taper at the end which makes the hair look drab.

I see no reason why your hair can't be both long and trendy at the same time. All the celebrities are wearing their hair long these days by using extensions, how blessed you are to have that kind of length naturally! If it is to your knees, you will probably have to cut off at least 8 inches for it to be "modern" looking. Most modern styles are short enough so that you can't sit on your hair, and this is due to the active and fast-paced lifestyle people live these days. To spice it up without completely whacking it off, you could consider some long layers at the ends, and curl the ends. You could also add a couple layers near your face to frame your face depending on its shape. You should choose to either wear it straight, or wavy with curls, but don't let some parts hang straight while other parts are wavy or your hair will look a mess. If you have any frizz, buy some shine cream or shine serum, rub it between your palms and glide your hands over the frizzy bits (a little goes a very long way). These few things will be able to make you look a lot younger and more in style too. Personally, I wouldn't cut it any shorter than your bra strap at the MOST, and I think having it around your hips would be ideal; hip length hair will give you a lot more freedom without sacrificing the beauty of your crowning glory :) and it is still enviable length.

That said, if you are comfortable with your hair to your knees, then don't let those silly girls bother you anymore. They might be honest, or they might just be jealous, so you need to do what makes YOU happy, not your friends nor your family.

I wear my own hair at waist length, and I receive compliments often; if you take good care of it (which you seem to), and keep up with trimming the ends, it will be stunning.

If you want it to look shorter without actually cutting any of it, you could try one of the many "topsy-tail" styles, which should make it look a bit shorter. An inverted topsy-tail near the top of your head will give it the appearance of being a very full and bouncy pony tail.

My hair? Need a new hair hairstyle...?




Antonia


Well my hair is a foot passed my shoulders. My hair color is dark brown / black. I usually straighten it , curl it, crimp it or put it up in a bun or/ messy bun. I just got long layers not even 3 days ago. What do you think I should try???? Please leave steps/directions if you have any hair style idea please...:)


Answer
Now I hope you are ready for this because I have a lot,
Now I am Partial to the Bob Style so I will Star with that, But not limited to That.

Now these Links have been reported to me that they donât work, well as of 3/11/09 they do, just Copy-paste the links as opposed to Clicking on them.

Try the Bob Styles seen in these Pics.
You can see these Styles at this Yahoo Group
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/bobhairstylesandhaircuts/

Here are some Picâs from that Group
http://i229.photobucket..com/albums/ee17/slickyboy40/5bda.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee17/slickyboy40/33373.jpg

Another Group for Bob/Pageboy styles is
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/pageboybobsandflips/

This Yahoo group is dedicated to beautiful women with beautiful hair whether it's long, short, curly, straight, updo, down, ponytail, pigtails, braided, greased, wet, brushed, shampooed, in rollers or curlers, under a hat, underwater, modern, retro, blonde ,brunette or redhead.

This is not just another group about hairstyles. It is about beautiful women with beautiful hair..

While there is a sensuous nature to beautiful hair this is not an Adult group despite the classification by Yahoo. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/womanshair/

This Yahoo Group is for womens head hairstyles only, with short being above the ears, but not totally bald.
Short hair can also be slicked down or Buzzed really short - like a Butch, Crew cut, Brush cut or Flattop.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/keepitshort/

Now This Yahoo Group is for Women who like the wet look style
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/greaserwomen/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/oiledhair/

This is a group for presenting the latest, trendiest, up to date and emerging hairstyles for 20011!! Pictures range from scene, emo, casual, updo's.
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/feelgoodlookgoodhairstyles/?v=1&t=search&ch=web&pub=groups&sec=group&slk=21

This Yahoo group For those who Like Silky Long Hair
http://in.groups.yahoo.com/group/silkylonghairlovers/?v=1&t=search&ch=web&pub=groups&sec=group&slk=52




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is it modern to have hair past one's waist?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment