Saturday, June 7, 2014

hair dye (colors)?




Kelly D


what kind of hair dye is best for like bright colors like red pink green blue etc......
alsoooo i need like very clear instructions and pics if you can on where the best place to put like streaks of color in.. and eye makeup stuff
thanks



Answer
Vivid colors aren't actually dyes, they are stains. Dyes lift old color and replace it with new, stains are to be applied over pre-lightened hair.

Pravana is the best, but is difficult to find unless you are a professional. I found some on ebay though. Keep in mind this will NOT come out. Not with bleach, not with color remover. You'll have to dye/stain over it. It lasts the longest and fades the least, though. Truly a pro product.

For home use, Special FX is wonderful. Lots of people use Manic Panic but I have had no success with it, despite leaving it on over night.

You'll need to pre-lighten hair. I would stay away from the drug store and head to a beauty supply store. Get a tub of bleach (it's a better value than the packets) some 40 level developer, and some red remover in you have brown/black hair. Follow the directions on the packaging. Once you've gotten your hair as close to white as you can, apply the stain and wait for 40 minutes-overnight. Wash until the water runs mostly clear, condition heavily, maybe even sleep with conditioner in. Use old towels and old pillow cases unless you want them to be funky colors :)

Question about hair color....?




Sarah


My natural color is auburn, which is like a reddish brown. I've colored my hair ALOT. I wish I could get back to my natural color, but it never seems to work. I always color it, but within 2-3 weeks of coloring it, it fades back to my reddish blonde color. It's been about 5 months since I last colored it, and I want dark hair really REALLY bad, so I colored it last night. I love the color and was wondering what I can do to keep it dark. Thanks for your help.


Answer
What are you using to color your hair? My mom is a hair stylist and has been doing hair for over 40 years. She has been the only person to EVER dye my hair. My natural color is a dark brown. I went from blonde, back to my normal color in only a few coloring sessions. My mom moved out of state and it was too costly to drive to see her or to go to the salon. She told me what to do (its very easy). Here's what to do: Go to a beauty supply store, like Sally's. Purchase color from their professional lines, my fav is Wella. Pick a color closest to the one you want.. you also need to purchase a developer. My fav is the Salon Care brand.. get the creme in a 10 volume if you are going dark. All you need now is the supplies, like gloves, cape, and applicator. If you get the creme/gel color, then you need a bowl and brush, but if you get the liquid color, then you need a bottle.. ask the lady in Sally's to help. To apply, just start in sections and work your way through.. I used to get a friend (or even my boyfriend to help) until I got used to getting the back of my head. It will cost you under $10 to get a professional dye job at home with great results! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: hair dye (colors)?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment