Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Hair... Humidity... HELP!?




Detective


Okay so, Im just wondering if there is any possible way for my hair to not go straight when i curl it?? See the scenario is, I curl my hair really nice at home, leave the house and wait for the bus to come, still looking good, i step onto that wretched hot ass bus and it is a 10 mintue drive to my school, during the drive i lower the window to let some air in, which sorta helps, the wind kinds of lowers the humidity... but when the bus stops and we all have to wait for it to be 7:oo and their is NO movement, so its horrible, my hair goes incredibly flat! Its amazing, i have no idea as to WHY this is happening! this is just the tip of the iceberg really, my hair refuses to hold a curl in the first place, and i literally pack on the holding sprays and spritzers. but its almost no use.... but the thing that strikes me the most is that, well, im african american and well, my hair used to be coarse as hell and like the worse condition!!! now its almost like caucasian people hair... its like really silky, way too much, i DONT use any kinds of chemicals ( except for perms ) i dont even put grease in my hair because the slightest bit of grease will make it look TOO greasy and starts to imitate indian peoples hair (so i've been told) . idk, im really stumped so please give me any ideas of what to do?? no shampoos please. and anyone with a reason as to why my hair has changed its curl pattern??
also, i have the newest conair flat iron to curl my hair. its the steam one thingy... and uh, should i stop using it? should i use something esle to curl my hair? wetting it and putting it it rollers doesnt really work for me =/



Answer
what i would do is when ur done with ur hair,
spray an antihumidity hairspray over it lightly
id recommend using John Frieda Frizz Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray. it works great 2 hold a style and u can buy it at like walgreens

u said no shampoos,
but the best thing to block bus humidity and weather is,
John Frieda Weather Works shampoo and conditioner
which is specially formulated to block harsh weather
such as rain, wind, humidity, heat, sun =]
good luck

Is blow-drying bad for my hair?

Q. I have really curly/wavy hair. See, I live in a tropical country, and with humidity, my hair just gets really bad lol.
I never straighten my hair with a flat iron, only like once every 4 months, and I never EVER blow dried it. It's pretty healthy, grows well, and has a nice colour.

So, yesterday night I blow-dried-straightened my hair and it looked just GORGEOUS! Because of humidity, it didn't look straight as it would with a flat iron, but it looked shiny, soft, and with those sort of big beautiful curls. Here's what it looked like.
http://soapombri.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/zooey-deschanel-flower-in-hair.jpg
(EX-ACT-LY LIKE ZOOEY'S HAIR.)

I slept with my hair like that and went to school today, and it stayed like the night before, only a little less softer and my hair started going back to normal.

I reaaaaaally want to blow-dry it again and make it look like that.. so to the topic, will blow-drying my hair damage it? I don't have a flat iron OR heat protection oils. I really would LOVE to blow-dry it 2 times a week to make it last.

Will it damage it like some people have damaged their hair? Will it smell burnt?

And please, don't recommend any perfect conditioners or shampoos because we don't have shit here... (there are no good conditioners/shampoos [Hello, it's Venezuela -.-])

THANK-YOU <3 :)


Answer
"See, I live in a tropical country, and with humidity, my hair just gets really bad lol." My hair was permed in 2nd grade, and I too live in a tropical country for 13 years, and I'VE NEVER experienced frizzy hair. We style our hair when they're damp, and they remained styled, until we go to bed @ night!

We didn't have bottled hair products, we used a bar of soap for our hair, bodies & laundry. We have healthy hair!

Heat & chemicals are hair's worst enemies. Heat tampers the hair! Your hair has static electricity so when you're hair TOUCHES heat, it tampers the growth, making the hair grow ABNORMAL or none. It gets frizzy, when you leave the house, it causes split ends. It will only get shorter after you cut it, but it doesn't grow as fast. If you want curly hair, (or straight hair to tame your curly hair) look @ videos or hairstyles of women in the late 40's or 50's, and see how healthy & silky their curly hair was. Have you seen Miracle on 34th Street or Downton Abbey? Their hair wasn't styled by professional hairstylists. They were styled by maids. No hair oil, no serum, no hair sprays, and no gels with just the use of shampoo & conditioner. Many countries didn't even have bottled shampoo & conditioner, example in my country, all we've ever used was a bar of soap for our bodies, hair & laundry. I did that for 13 years, even though my hair was permed, but there was no frizzy, no blowdrying and my hair was the same as today: silky, shiny, soft, smooth it IS HOW they are styled when they're wet, and no hair dryer (for 13 years I lived in Asia). Many women then had long hair, curly hair and they wore hats, and pin-curled or plastic curlers curled HAIRSTYLES. The men too, have very shiny hair like the women, although the men used pomade . . .that was before Bumble & Bumble's production 70's, John Frieda's production 1988 or the invention of heating tools, and WEN in 1996. Another way to find the secret to beautiful hair? Find someone with beautiful healthy curls or silky, shiny (not greasy) straight hair and ask him or her to share secrets, preferably someone who is 40-60 years older than YOU. I have 5 decades, so you're getting the answers you need, right here! I won't charge you a penny!
Better yet, watch Pretty Woman - Julia Roberts's hair in that movie! Demi Moore's or Jennifer Gray (Dirty Dancing) hair in their older movies showed their curly sexy hair styles. In the 90's, they didn't have many hair products or heating tools and they also styled their hair many ways!
Very good example with very long & very tightly curls: watch Derek Hough dances with Brilynn Rakes, 17. Brilynn was chosen to dance on âDWTSâ when producers saw incredible videos of the blind girlâs skills. Her hair was styled many ways w/out the use of heat! Like when you dye your hair and it looks really shiny and healthy and is also very soft, but once you're on your own, your hair will not have the same formula as the kit.
People slept with their curlers on, or sit in the beauty salon for 20 mins. under a helmet of hair dryer.

Curlers comes in small, medium, large curlers.
Small if you want tighter curls, shorter hair.
Medium: medium curls, medium length hair.
Large: longer hair, larger curls.

"smaller section of hair you use the tighter/bouncier the curl, and the longer bigger section you use the bigger the wave or loose the curl. "

Start your curlers, where you want the curls to begin.

You can also pin curls your hair, if they're short to medium. You can also braid your hair the night before, several sections of braid . . . .after they've been wash, all night and sleep with them, and take the braids out in the morning. Finger comb to style. Use scarf to keep them from the wind.
Hair guy Mark Townsend on Mary Kate Ashley's hair: "'ll use a one-inch curler to touch up any waves that aren't falling into place. Her biggest rule: no more than 5 hairpins ever and I MOSTLY stick to that!"
On Ashley Olsen's hair: "I loosely pin her hair into a low bun and let it set while she has make-up done. When I take out the bun, she has these great bends in her hair. . . ."Everything I know about hair texture I learned from Mary-Kate and Ashley, or more appropriately, I have such an incredible appreciation of hair texture because of them. They are blessed with having great texture and natural wave in their hair so we don't have to spend a lot of time to get that perfectly tousled look."




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Hair... Humidity... HELP!?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment