Monday, October 21, 2013

What is the best hair dryer on the market?

in style best hair dryer
 on ... Blow-Dryer - Conair Infiniti Pro AC Motor - Best Beauty Buys - InStyle
in style best hair dryer image



Kelly L


I want the best hair dryer I don't care how much it costs. I have thick curly hair. right now i have a solia it's decent but I think there's something better out there.


Answer
Honestly if you're already using a good ionized hair dryer with cool shot it's probably not going to get any better. If you're having hair troubles there's more than likely something other than your blow dryer to blame in that case. Do you use any oil or silicone products prior to blow drying? Do you use a diffusing attachment? Do you use any leave in conditioners? Do any protein treatments? Use any styling products? etc.

I use a Bed Head Clean Freak hair dryer. It's tourmaline & ceramic with cool shot and runs about $40. I couldn't be happier with it. It has everything I need (ionized air, cool shot, finger diffuser) and it doesn't give me any technical issues. That's really all you can ask for out of a blow dryer (that it has the technology you need and doesn't break down).

A good test for your hair dryer: try going a day without it. Do you still have the same problem you do when you use it? If you do, it's pretty definite that it's not the hair dryer but your routine. If you don't, then there's either a. something wrong with the hair dryer or b. something wrong with how you're approaching the act of blow drying itself. See how this helps narrow down the possibilities on what is going on with your hair?

Good luck. :) If you still think you need a new hair dryer, well, I can testify that TIGI's Bed Head Clean Freak hair dryer is pretty good, and cheaper too. ;)

Just FYI, this is my hair regimen. Mind you that I am biracial and have 3b ringlets, so this probably not exactly what you should do, but it will give you a rough idea on what your regimen should be looking like:

- I wash with conditioner. Shampoo is unnecessary unless your hair is really oily or you use styling products that leave build up. I used to do the once a week thing but then I realized this was completely unnecessary for me and cut it out. Less shampoo equals a lot more health when it comes to curly hair.
- I use a braid sheen with conditioner. Using a leave in conditioner isn't necessary for some curls, but for most it's pretty influential. I like braid sheen because it's lightweight but rich. You can also use regular leave in conditioner, curl activator, hair moisturizing lotion, or regular conditioner.
- I comb my hair with a detangling comb. Curly hair is fragile and can't handle brushes or regular combs. Always use a wide toothed comb or detangling comb on it.
- I use some hair oil. It's important for people with curls to use a product that will coat their hair shaft and seal in moisture since their hair tends to be more porous than straight hair and loses moisture easily. Silicone and oil are both capable of doing this, and it depends on the hair as to which suits it better. Less dry/looser curl types may prefer silicone such as hair silk and hair serum, while dryer/tighter curl types may prefer oil products such as hair oil and oil sheen. Very little of any of these products goes a long way so they require care in application. These are aslo the products that protect your hair from heat styling damage. Even with the best hair dryer, one should make sure they use a product that will protect their hair from any damage the hair dryer or (more importantly) the climate may bring to their hair.
- I put some foaming wrap lotion in my hair. I choose this styling product because it's extra moisturizing and provides a better, shinier seal than mousse while still giving the same natural feeling hold that mousse provides. Gels, mousses, pomades, and setting lotions also usually do well with curly hair so long as they are alcohol free and non-drying.
- I blow dry my hair. Sometimes if I want things to go quickly I start out with warm air, but I ALWAYS finish the last half with cool shot to prevent myself from over drying my hair (which can cause frizz). If I want lots of volume and loose curls I will use the blow dryer by itself on low, but if I want to create tighter and more reformed curls I use the finger diffuser with the dryer on low and scrunch my hair.
- I then usually finish off with a little braid sheen with conditioner to re-moisturize my hair a little and help soften up the styling product's hold a little bit so I can shape my hair precisely the way I want it to look.

This is what it looks like in the end (I think this pic was taken about five hours after I had styled it):
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8167/imag0029q.jpg

What kind of hair dryer should I get for my wife?




DeepThough


My new wife is a professional cosmetologist at a high-end salon (One of the top salons in our area).

She needs new curling irons and a hair dryer for work, and I was thinking of buying her a hair dryer for Christmas, but I have NO IDEA what to look for, this is way out of my sphere of knowledge. It needs to be super high quality, durable, and otherwise high end. I'm able to spend up to 150, though would prefer to keep it under 100.

Any cosmetologist professionals out there with recommendations? Product links or just tips on what to look for would be greatly appreciated.



Answer
This is very tough, but you should ask her what kind she would like. But if you want to have it as a surprise here are some good ones;

I will give you the name, rate, my personal rate & some reasons why its great/good.

-Hair Styling Tools - Solano - Solanotronic Hairdryer (Model 131x)
This one is rated #1 for many reasons. 10/10
-Ceramic grill offers consistent heat temperature
-2 speeds and 3 heat setting allows for styling versatility
-Cold shot button sets style
-1875 watts provides and high velocity provides powerful air pressure

-Hair Styling Tools - Sedu - Revolution4000 Hair Dryer
7-8/10
-Safer for hair
-Many Heat setting choices

The Temptress Power Dryer Mind Blowing Gift Set
$195.00 ($330.00 value) At sephora.
10/10
#1 at sephora lines
Safe, styles amazingly, cool blast, different heat settings, etc.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best hair dryer on the market?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment