Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Can anyone tell me what the best store bought hair colour is for covering grey hair?

best hair color for gray hair
 on gray hair image
best hair color for gray hair image



Chewie


I'm only 27, but because I took after my dad, I started to get grey hair at a young age (a few here and there).

I find that most hair colour doesn't cover grey hair for very long.



Answer
First to clear up one fact is that your hair doesn't turn Grey. It starts losing color pigmentation. When that happens the individual hair will become flatter in circumference. Each color inside a hair has different size color molecules. When you add color, the molecules in that color will attach itself to the one inside the hair. Gray lacking in molecules, has no ability to hold onto the color molecules, permanently. You can help it by adding a filler first. You can get a clear filler and apply it first to dry hair and let it dry. Then add the color. You can get a bottle of filler from your favorite beauty salon, or have them apply it the day before you color. The filler has a different molecule structure that will grab hold of the gray, and then the color molecules will attach to the them, giving more holding power. Not sure which color is best to buy. That depends on if your going for ease, price, or both. Try them and see what works best for you. Good Luck

What is the best hair color brand to cover grey hair?




pam e


I just turned 47 this year and cannot seem to find a brand of hair color that covers grey. I have dark brown hair and I was really happy with Natural Instincts. But it does not seem to cover the grey. The last brand I used was ION from Sally's. I am also concerned with the amount of damage certain brands cause. Any ideas out there?


Answer
If you are concerned with protecting your hair while getting the best grey protection, you can use an ammonia free hair color line. Herbatint is a great Italian hair color a little pricey but personally I think its much better than the grocery brands. http://www.thebeautycenter.com/brand/herbatint




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can anyone tell me what the best store bought hair colour is for covering grey hair?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment