Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Is bright red hair considered unprofessional?




moocowmoo


So I have an interview coming up for a management position in an office environment and just recently I dyed my hair bright red. The shade is like this http://stat.mobli.com/media_stills/media_206253.jpg (this is not a picture of me). I was wondering if this would come off as unproffessional, because if so I am willing to dye it. I really like my hair though and don't want to dye it unless I know I already have the job. Would it be appropriate to mention at the interview that I have no problem dying it, or would I blow my chances if I showed up with this hair? Thanks for your answers.


Answer
Look, the red color probably looks awesome and trendy and you probably love it, but it could absolutely interfere with your chances landing a job. If you were interviewing for a fashion editing gig or a hair salon receptionist's job, it wouldn't matter. Your bright red hair would fit right in.

However, this sounds like a more traditional office environment, and extreme styles can really send a bad message. I mean, you want to be yourself and be stylish, but there is a "fashion code of professionalism" and you need to follow it.

Here's what I'd do-- dye it a normal color until you get a job. If, after a few weeks, you feel comfortable asking your supervisor what the "policy" is on hair color, or you feel like having a conversation about it, go ahead. Maybe he or she will give you the green light for your red hair. I kind of doubt you'll get approval, though, because when you work for an organization, you aren't just representing yourself, you're representing the entire company, too. You also don't want to be treated differently by customers or other staff members because you have a bit of an extreme look (even if it is fun and punky).

There are answers on Yahoo that I already see who are saying, "It's fine!! Do what you want!! Keep the red!! Who cares!!"

But, they aren't the young professional who needs to start her new career on the right foot.

Good luck. :)

What colour should i get?




Bubbly


Should i dye my hair a totally different colour like:

Black, Blonde or Red

Or should i get foils of one of those colours?

If so which colour would i suit and why?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23251412@N05/

Thankyou in advance!



Answer
you can get color your hair black with foils of Red because it the Black color will give ur face a definition and red highlights will give u a trendy look




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is bright red hair considered unprofessional?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment